Saturday, June 2, 2012

Project Kids Book

My main character- the unnamed robot
     Project time! I've recently taken on the task of writing and illustrating my very own children's book. Here's how it began; I work with children, and I've spent quite a lot of time reading kids books in the past 9 months since I've started here. Within these few months I've read hundreds of short stories to the kiddos and every time I finish I think the same thing every time, "I could totally do this". So for the month of June, I will attempt to write and design a children's book from the ground up, in hopes that it doesn't suck as hard as some of the books I've come across.
     So far, I've gotten the basic concept and some of the characters penciled in. It's the story of a young robot (who will remain unnamed until I can think of a name that fits) and his struggle to find his own unique talent for the talent show. My goal is to have the actual story punched out and finish all of the illustrations by the end of the month. We'll see how it ends up. Cheers.

James- the facemelting guitarist
Concept sketch

No comments:

Post a Comment