Sunday, June 10, 2012

Project Kids Book update 2

     The past week has been nothing but a blur of drafting and revisions of the story. I'm proud to say that it's better than it was, but it's still not great. It's still awkward and bulky sounding at times, but it's getting better. I've renamed the robot as well. From now until the next time I rename him, he shall be known as Gadget.
     I've also been forcing myself to face a big fear of mine with this project; criticism. I've been actively asking others to take a look at what I've gotten so far and even asking them to give me their honest opinion. And when I think about it, there aren't many other things in life that are as uncomfortable as waiting for an opinion while someone evaluates something you created. Watching them as they read though is nerve-racking, but I figure it's the only way to make a book that isn't terrible. So far, I've received a bunch of helpful criticism, and I could always use more. So if you're in the neighborhood, and you'd like to have a peek at it, please let me know, I'll thank you for it later.

No comments:

Post a Comment