Thursday, June 14, 2012

Project Kids Book update 3

     The project had taken residence in the back seat of my priorities this past week, but I'm back for the most part and ready to get this drafting thing over with. Of course, my story is still chunky in all the wrong places, but I did manage to get some helpful criticism from some readers and I'm (hopefully) going to apply some of that to the story this weekend. I looked up some kindergarten and first grade vocabulary words (which are pretty impressive) what I'm gonna try and squeeze into the rough spots of the story. But the good news is that I'm on the detail side of revising now. Like at first, Gadget the Robot, was going to be the only character that wasn't a human, but after my mom read my latest draft, she suggested that I make all the characters some personified animal or whatever. And I think I like that idea, it's more kid-friendly, and frankly, I'm terrible at drawing human faces (win/win). Now I just gotta decide which animal I'll chose for each character. So far, I have; a dancer, a musician, a magician, and Gadget's friend. The dancer should be something light and nimble, probably a rabbit. And I've decided that the magician should be a fox, because it's sly and mysterious, but I'm still drawing a blank when I try to think of an animal to be the musician. Whatever, I'll think of something. But that's about it for now. The month is about halfway over, which means I better pick up the pace if I want to complete this goal by July. Better get on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment