Thursday, February 14, 2013

Kids Book Update #9

     I feel like coming up with a decent title for the book is going to be the death of me. Seriously, even though I've sweating over every single pixel of the illustrations in the editing process this past week, it seems like the title thing has been giving me more of a headache. The all-knowing experts on the internet say that the title is a critical element to the books appeal. Name it something safe and generic, and it'll never see the light of day. Give it a title that's too snazzy, and it'll go over your readers heads (remember, they're supposed to be like 8 year olds). Ideally, I'm supposed to name it something that hooks the readers and gives a general sense of what the book is going to be about, without giving away the ending. That's easier said than done. And I know some of you are thinking "Dude, take it easy, it's just a title". And to you I say, I know that it's just a title, but It's been stressing me out that I haven't been able to think of a single one that seems to fit, and that whole "Don't judge a book by it's cover" rule totally doesn't apply to kids. They aren't going to give me the benefit of the doubt if my book doesn't interest them from the start. It's actually kind of hard to think of calling the book by its name. I've spent so long referring to it as the book, that I feel like that's just its name now.
     Other than that, I've just been plucking away on the computer coloring and editing the pages. All of the illustrations are colored, and I've begun the editing, which is hard, because I've never used Photoshop before. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I'm learning as much as I can, as fast as possible. The pages are looking pretty sweet though, and I have begun to import the text onto the pages using Illustrator (which is another program that I've never ever used). So it's slow and steady, but at least it's progress

No comments:

Post a Comment