Monday, January 16, 2012

Anti-Turd Assessments

     I may not know what I want to do with my life (I'm still working on what I want to do with today), but I'm pretty sure that becoming deadbeat loser isn't at the top of my to-do list. I want to be productive, I want to be active, and I want to be happy. I'm constantly looking for ways to improve myself, and recently, I came across a concept that I thought was interesting. To help me stay on track, I've borrowed a strategy from Demetri Martin. It's part motivation, part organization, part game. It's a weekly point system that he designed that covers all aspects of your daily life. It's got a section for my health, mind, contribution, karma, creativeness, social life, environment, and autonomy. Each category has several goals listed under it that relate to it's category. Like, for health, I said that I want to run 5 miles this week. And for my creativeness category, I said that I'd like to finish two paintings or drawings. So at the end of each week I'll tally up the totals of each category and I'll be able to gauge how my week panned out. If I ace the assessment for the week, I'll pat myself on the back, then up the odds for next week. If I fail miserably, then at least I know that I've got some work to do. I'm not saying that I'm a turd, this is just my defense against becoming one. Hopefully these weekly assessments will give me an idea about the areas I'm doing well in, and let me know about the things I could improve on. I just don't know who I am sometimes, maybe this will change that.

Challenge accepted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment