Monday, July 22, 2013

Constantly Create: Introductions and Explanations

Imma' do what I do, but I'll do it for you.
     Hello, I'm Kyle, and by now you may know me. I'm a life enthusiast from Denver, Colorado, and a maker of anything and everything from children's books about radical robots, to stop-motion YouTube videos about edible Rubik's Cubes. I enjoy making "things", I enjoy making just about anything really. Hell, I can't go without doodling on my (veggie) cheeseburger with the spout of the ketchup bottle when I get the chance. The point is this; I really enjoy making things, and I really enjoy making them for you.
     That being said; I am very excited to announce a new project I am starting that is all about creating content for you guys. As you probably could have guessed from the entry's title, the project is called Constantly Create; and I have a feeling (that like my other projects) I'm going to be completely consumed by this one. Here's what you need to know to be apart of it:

What is it?:
     Obvious question, but I suppose a necessary one too. Constantly Create is a project that will focus on one topic/theme/or challenge each week and span a number of different mediums and social media platforms as I share what I make with you. Each week, I will do my best to create at least three things to share with you. Whether its an illustration, a video, a blog post (or even a haiku for all I know), that is somehow related or influenced by the week's topic/theme/or challenge.

Why? Just...Why?
     Good question, I haven't spent much time thinking about an answer, so I don't really know. I do know that I enjoy creating content, and I'd like to motivate myself to do more of it, so a project that does just that seems grand. Also, all I have is time on my hands.

Soooo, What's the plan again?
     I am challenging myself to make more stuff, and I am asking for your help to do that. I want this project to be community driven; meaning you guys help decide what content I create and post. I you want to suggest different mediums for me to try; like photography, comic art, spoken word, even interpretative dancing, I'd be happy to hear from you. You will be able to suggest future topics/themes/and challenges and will be updated with links to view all of the content produced for the project all on my Facebook page.

How're you gonna do it?
     Another great question. So I've decided that I will aim to produce at least three different pieces of content that relate back to the the week's theme. Throughout the week (I'm thinking Monday, Wednesday and Friday) I'll share the things I make with you on whatever social media site is most appropriate for that medium.
     For example, if the theme for the week was skateboarding and I wanted to write a blog post about my love for all things skating; I'd post my entry here, on my blog (cause it just makes sense). But if I was going to post an illustration; I'd post it on my Instagram. And the same can be said about videos being posted to my YouTube account.
   
Wow, you're so cool Kyle. How do I get in on the action?
     Thank you for the kind words and enthusiasm. If you're at all interested in this project, or would like to participate by suggesting future topics and challenges, or maybe even winning something like one of the illustrations, then I would really reeeeeeeeally appreciate it if you would "like" this lonely lil Facebook page of mine. "Liking" it is how you'll get updates about the project, and info about how to view said illustration/video/post/ etc. I promise to do my very best to not post garbage content if you do.

Anything else we should know?
     Hmmmm, I can't think of anything right now, but I'll update you through the Facebook page if I do. Here's a rundown of what I'm talkin bout Willis.

  • One main topic or theme for each week
  • Three pieces of content that deal with the topic for that week
  • If you like what I do, I'd appreciate it if you would say "hello" over on my page or share this project with a friend
     Oh I thought of something! So this post isn't actually part of the project, it's just an introduction and explanation, but this week's theme is just that; "Introductions and explanations". So throughout this week, I will update my page with videos/illustrations/and blog entries that help me introduce myself to you. It's like a way for me to break the ice and let ya'll know way too much about me. So hope you're all excited, cause I'm gonna do this thing either way. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment