Thursday, July 12, 2012

Project Kids Book Update 6

     Since my last post, I've printed out my sixth revision and finally started on only what the most generous of souls would call illustrating. See, I wanted to get an idea of what the animated scenes would look like when they had text accompanying them, so I cut up rough draft number six and glued each scene onto a blank sheet of paper and drew a (really) rough sketch of the story under each section of text. After I had an illustration for each blurb of text, I stapled the sheets together and had my very first version of an illustrated kids book, which was a pretty damn good feeling if I might so. Now I can read my story, and flip through the pages, and even stop and show pictures (not that I'd want to with these drawings), which is pretty exciting.

No comments:

Post a Comment